Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How to have fun with your kids

I swear it had nothing to do with Grognardia talking about dice! Buying crayons was something we had been thinking of doing a long time now. My daughter is very good at painting and drawing, and she haven't gotten any new crayons in a long while. Gamers with memories of yesteryear know that crayons and dice go hand in hand.

This summer I bought a big nice batch of Gamescience precision dice, and I bought them uninked. Since I never bought a boxed set with dice and a crayon it was time for me to have a go at it now.

So, a nice set of orange dice in front of me, I convinced the daughter that we should do some crayon drawings. She was gracious enough to let me borrow the sky blue crayon. While she was drawing a tree, a house and a playground I managed to fill in the numbers on a d4, d6 and a d10. At this point the next generation gamer peeked out of my daughter's face as she asked me what I was doing, and if she could try. Number 2 and number 11 on the d20 was promptly filled in by a proud four year old proto gamer. We even tried the d6 together. It rolled good numbers.

When you wonder next time how to spend time with your kids, try "inking" some dice with wax crayons together! It was fun.
Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Andreas Davour. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.