Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lists, always lists - this is how I roll

What the heck, I give in. It's fun with lists
  1. Ability scores generation method? 3d6, in order
  2. How are death and dying handled? PC dies at 0
  3. What about raising the dead? Sure, but I'd like a cap on it, financial or something like System Shock roll. Implementation would be depending on campaign world.
  4. How are replacement PCs handled? Maybe they belong the the adventurer's guild, maybe they meet in a bar? Depend on the character.
  5. Initiative: individual, group, or something else? I like it individually
  6. Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work? Yeah, I like those. Best way is to narrate something problematic (good or bad) at a roll of max/min.
  7. Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet? Sure, that's why you wear them, right?
  8. Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly? If you do something stupid, people will get hurt.
  9. Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything? I'm not running a super hero game, 'nuff said.
  10. Level-draining monsters: yes or no? Depends. Well, yeah.
  11. Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death? Probably, yes.
  12. How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked? I'd like them in theory, but have not yet tried Lotfp, so I have rarely had the energy to bother.
  13. What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time? In T&T, it happens on the spot, other old school games I'd say you need to get back to civilization.
  14. What do I get experience for? Acting in the game. Explore, kill, loot and making us laugh.
  15. How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination? Mainly description, but supplemented with rolls.
  16. Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work? There are people to hire if the players care. Morale is like a save, when something bad happens they might run.
  17. How do I identify magic items? The Omnipotent Eye
  18. Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions? Sure, potions are for sale. It wont be cheap.
  19. Can I create magic items? When and how? No. Well, yes, but I might give them drawbacks that you will have to take or leave it.
  20. What about splitting the party? Do you want to split the party? Go ahead.
Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Andreas Davour. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.