Saturday, October 31, 2009

RPG Bloggers Network melt down, or maybe not?

During the week that went by, I was incapacitated with flu. As it always is, that's when things really start to happen. I'm kind of used to that. Life plays those kind of tricks of irony upon you. This last one was more mysterious, though. What did happen? I haven't the foggiest.

So. The RPG Bloggers Network had some kind of seizure. I had to go back to the webpage and resubscribe to the RSS feed for all the updates, but I saw no message indicating anything different than usual.

At the same time I've seen many of the blogs I read refering to how bad something can blowup when you're not careful, always somehow getting through that they really mean RPGBN. It's very clear to me that some big thing have happened, but when and where? The closest I've gotten to an idea of what has happened is that someone else have started a new network, more social like Facebook. Also, there seem to have been arguments some times about the criteria for joining RPGBN. So what? Someone starts an aggregation service and who will then decide what he want to aggregate? Everyone else? I'm thinking it kind of makes sense for the guy who runs the show to call the shots, right? Maybe it's more to it.

God knows what happend, and I'm amazed that I have seen none of it happening, but the talk afterwards. As long as RPGBN provides feeds that people can subscribe to and find my blog, I'm happy. I've found bunches of stuff that way myself.

Edit: Now I found this link which gives some more information. How the hell are you supposed to find it from the frontpage?!

So what does that mean? Business as usual? I'm confused.
Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Andreas Davour. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.