Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I have too much choice

I have been thinking the last week about how much I want to start a new game. We have been getting regular sessions going every Wednesday with indie games, lately it's been 3:16, and since it is a game with a time limit I have been thinking of what's up next.

My biggest problem have been to pick one game. I have too much to choose from! Quite a problem to have, eh?

My latest idea, which might be void and null tomorrow, is to use the big fat tome of BRP to play in second age Glorantha. It would feel kind of fitting to use that game system, since I have only tried the seriously broken Hero Wars, and BRP was after all born as a gloranthan system.

Why I'm not thinking of using MRQ? Well. I don't own it, and I need any more to choose from, do I?

4 comments:

  1. I know your pain! And it doesn't help that the players are "up for anything".

    BRP, that's what Call of Cthulhu works from, right? I seem to remember it working fine for fantasy in Stormbringer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. BRP rocks like nothing else in Stormbringer.

    Next week I will be totally pumped up for Stormbringer, probably...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Yeah, that's how it goes.

    Though I'm meant to be looking into an AD&D 1st Oriental Adventures campaign for the summer (as a complement to my Doctor Who campaign), I can't help but think about the paths not taken instead (and how it's not too late to change gears): Ars Magica, Savage Worlds, Space 1889, Paranoia, GURPS Space, Top Secret S.I., Spelljammer...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Andreas Davour. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.