Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gamer ADD strikes again

I had just decided that I needed to capitalize on the enthusiasm I had left from JackerCon and run an online Hangout game of my own. I found an old favourite on my shelves, Tomb of Abysthor, and decided it would be suitable for a Delving Deeper game. After browsing the module a bit I found that maybe I should have a lead in adventure to bump up the participants to level two. Once again I went to the shelves and found DCC #31. All set. Except that I felt I needed to have a settlement next to the dungeon for refreshing hitpoints, buy potions and suchlike. Guess what? I grabbed my copy of the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting and now I feel I have to read that 300 page book to find a good place to set the dungeon. Argh!

I wonder if I'm making this too hard?

2 comments:

  1. Why not use a starting town that requires less study? There are lots to choose from (the Keep from B2, Hommlet from T1, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I'm stupid?

    Well, yeah that would be sensible. The crazy thing is it's first now when I look back at how I approached it that I realize what I've done.

    So, T1 or B2 would be a nice choice, yes. Don't do it like I do, kids.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Andreas Davour. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.