Friday, December 31, 2010

The high and low of 2010

At this time of year, some people make lists and remembers the year that went by. I'm no better, so here we go.

There are a few things which just rocks
That have been the highlights of 2010, no doubt.

Some of the less fun things is that my T&T petered out and I have not been playing any more really old school game since then. I have been thinking about putting out recruitment posters downtown, but with one regular weekly game I don't think I could defend being out gaming twice a week to my wife.

What have happened here at the blog? Well, this was the year when I happened to mention rape in a game context, and got surprised by hot a topic that was. I have blogged about dungeon design and density and pontificated about a middle ground between the rail road and the free for all sandbox. I hope some of it have been entertaining. Some things I have been very excited about this year were S&W whitebox and Dragons at Dawn.

Some low marks during the year have been Ronnie James Dio dying and the fact that some of my more ambitious projects have generated nothing. I guess the latter can be expanded upon a bit.

At the beginning of the year I had a few ideas about self publishing. Sadly I've seen work and real life take a much bigger stake on my creative energies and nothing much have been done. Also, a few of my best ideas have now been found to be already done, or in progress by far more creative people. But, being in the company of people like Zak Sabbath and Paul Jaquays isn't too disheartening. The project that still lingers on is my attempt to clone or rewrite the psionics rules from Supplement III of the world's most famous rpg. I still haven't given up on that one.

So what's up for next year? Well, I still have some hopes for those publishing plans and I'm thinking of doing some more thought out sessions this year. Hopefully I will also start a few regular features. Even though my blogging seem to ebb and flow I still have a lot of fun doing it.

Ending this year I will thus wish you all a happy new year! See you in the future!
Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Andreas Davour. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.